Geekerella

Format: Arc

Source: Comic Con

Buy on AmazonBarnes & NobleThe Book Depository

Goodreads

I would give this book 5 for a review.

Cinderella goes to the con in this fandom-fueled twist on the classic fairy tale.

Part romance, part love letter to nerd culture, and all totally adorbs, Geekerella is a fairy tale for anyone who believes in the magic of fandom. Geek girl Elle Wittimer lives and breathes Starfield, the classic sci-fi series she grew up watching with her late father. So when she sees a cosplay contest for a new Starfield movie, she has to enter. The prize? An invitation to the ExcelsiCon Cosplay Ball, and a meet-and-greet with the actor slated to play Federation Prince Carmindor in the reboot. With savings from her gig at the Magic Pumpkin food truck (and her dad’s old costume), Elle’s determined to win…unless her stepsisters get there first.

Teen actor Darien Freeman used to live for cons—before he was famous. Now they’re nothing but autographs and awkward meet-and-greets. Playing Carmindor is all he’s ever wanted, but the Starfield fandom has written him off as just another dumb heartthrob. As ExcelsiCon draws near, Darien feels more and more like a fake—until he meets a girl who shows him otherwise.

My Thoughts:

This book blew me away. I love the elements of fandom love, comic con and also the average girls falls for a movie star all with a adorable fairy tale twist. I love both characters and read this book so fast. It was so unique book but it also just brought tears to me eyes throughout the book both tears of joy and sadness. It was such a fast book to read and I adored the characters so much.

Check out my video review