Hunted

Genres: YA Novel, Fantasy, Fairytale Retelling

Pages: 384

Format: Arc

Source: Comic Con

I would give this book 3 for a review.

New York Times bestselling author Meagan Spooner spins a thoroughly thrilling Beauty and the Beast story for the modern age, expertly woven with spellbinding romance, intrigue, and suspense that readers won’t soon be able to forget.

Beauty knows the Beast's forest in her bones—and in her blood. After all, her father is the only hunter who’s ever come close to discovering its secrets. So when her father loses his fortune and moves Yeva and her sisters out of their comfortable home among the aristocracy and back to the outskirts of town, Yeva is secretly relieved. Out in the wilderness, there’s no pressure to make idle chatter with vapid baronessas…or to submit to marrying a wealthy gentleman. But Yeva’s father’s misfortune may have cost him his mind, and when he goes missing in the woods, Yeva sets her sights on one prey: the creature he’d been obsessively tracking just before his disappearance. The Beast.

Deaf to her sisters’ protests, Yeva hunts this strange creature back into his own territory—a cursed valley, a ruined castle, and a world of magical creatures that Yeva’s only heard about in fairy tales. A world that can bring her ruin, or salvation. Who will survive: the Beauty, or the Beast?

My thoughts!

I enjoyed this book but I did not love it. I did not feel as connected to the characters as I wanted to be. I love the premise but the characters just did not capture my heart as I wanted them to. I enjoyed how the story used the Gaston character in a different way and really spun more magic into the story. I did enjoy the couple but their romance did not blow me and away and it did have elements of insta love at the very start of the story.

Hope you will check it out!

Check out my video review