Passanger: Alexsandra Bracken:

Format: Hardback

Source: Personally Bought

Buy on AmazonBarnes & NobleThe Book Depository

Goodreads

I would give this book 4 for a review.

In one devastating night, violin prodigy Etta Spencer loses everything she knows and loves. Thrust into an unfamiliar world by a stranger with a dangerous agenda, Etta is certain of only one thing: she has traveled not just miles, but years from home. And she's inherited a legacy she knows nothing about from a family whose existence she's never heard of. Until now.

Nicholas Carter is content with his life at sea, free from the Ironwoods-a powerful family in the Colonies-and the servitude he's known at their hands. But with the arrival of an unusual passenger on his ship comes the insistent pull of the past that he can't escape and the family that won't let him go so easily. Now the Ironwoods are searching for a stolen object of untold value, one they believe only Etta, his passenger, can find. In order to protect her, Nick must ensure she brings it back to them-whether she wants to or not.

Together, Etta and Nicholas embark on a perilous journey across centuries and continents, piecing together clues left behind by the traveler who will do anything to keep the object out of the Ironwoods' grasp. But as they get closer to the truth of their search, and the deadly game the Ironwoods are playing, treacherous forces threaten to separate Etta not only from Nicholas but from her path home forever..

My Thoughts:

This story is so beautifully told and half of the beauty is on the re-read. I want to re-read this story because the sequel is coming out. I loved this book the first time that I read it but the world building is complicated and with the time travel elements involved, I think re-reading this story makes it clearer. The characters were such strength of this novel and that is half of because the diversity we saw through the character of Nicholas. At the heart of this story, it is a romance but I enjoy it because it had time to built throughout the story and it was not insta-love in any way. I highly recommend that you read this two part series back to back because I enjoyed the novel much better when I did that.

Here is my review of the series non-spoiler: