Three Dark Crowns

Three Dark Crowns

By L

Rating 3

Book in a pinch: War between Magical sisters for the Crown.

Go into this one knowing

It is book one in a series. The story is told from three different point of views.

Ask Yourself these types of questions HOOK

• I was hooked into this story after I met all three sisters. I loved learning not only about each of them but also about the powers and their strengths and weakness after I met each of them and was introduced to their world. I had to read more. Each sister was so well rounded from their first chapter I had to learn more about the characters.
  • SETTING / WORLD BUILDING
  • The world building to this story was so important because it is the first book in the series. You were as a reader thrust into this world and then you uncovered the world as you went along. The way you learned about the world felt natural and I was not overwhelmed as a reader and most of my questions were answered.
  • FLOW / PACING
  • I thought the flow of the story was a very soild and I had a hard time putting the book down because I had to know what happened.

CHARACTERS

• This book is very female heavy and the only men you really see are the boy the girls interact with. The female power of leadership is so strong in this book and men have limited political control. I also really love all the female characters and the friendships we are exposed to. I don’t have a favorite character so far because meeting them all has been so fun.
  • CONFLICT
  • I love the conflict because you knew what the end point is but you had no clue how the story would progress and the sisters meeting and the showing of their powers and what would happen really made me stay on the end of my feet.

THE ENDING

The ending really shocked me in regards to what we learned about the girls powers and I can’t wait for book 2.

Check out my non-spoiler video review